I am working on a week long photography and poetry challenge inspired by a prompt from Poets & Writers called Excavating the Mind.
Day 4 notes and observations
As if the birds knew I was focusing on them today, two geese greeted me at the dock as soon as I went out and didn’t seem to care about me, the camera, or the cat. They swam back and forth in front of me until I had all the pictures I wanted.
Sadly, the light wasn’t nice like it was yesterday. It only wanted to light the snow on the mountain and nothing else. However, the birds did cooperate and after spending a long time chasing a little screamy bird flitting about the bushes, hummingbirds filled my morning.
- bird alert: loud, sharp, and short
- the light is not cooperating
- I find it funny when little birds have loud, screamy calls
- this little guy sounds like a fire alarm in a hotel
- getting a good shot of little screamy birds takes a lot of patience
- ooo hummingbird
- two hummingbirds chasing each other
- hummingbirds have a tight chirpy song
- I know what they sound like now
There you have it, Day 4’s pictures and observations.