I am working on a week long photography and poetry challenge inspired by a prompt from Poets & Writers called Excavating the Mind.
Day 1 notes and observations
Today, I thought it would be fun to let Levi be the leader in our morning game of follow the leader. I attempted to let him lead me and see the world from his point of view which entailed many squats, sitting, kneeling and lying on the ground, so I also got a nice workout. First, we observed Max then the bases of trees.
From there, Levi led me into my garden plot that I need to tend to. I was excited to see squash starts in my compost.
Levi squeezed through the steps and under the porch. I could not follow, but took some pictures.
- Levi does not understand that he’s the leader, he keeps stopping and waiting for me to go somewhere
- He also keeps walking up to me when I’m trying to take his picture from a distance
- there are plant starts in my compost. Yay squash!
- there’s a whole world under the porch
- kitty is pouncing on something I can’t see in the grass
Trying to observe the world from Levi’s point of view helped me pay attention to things I might not have seen otherwise, like the plant starts in my compost, the individual rocks that make up the old fireplace, the little piles of dried leaves on the steps, and the lowest branch over the water. I think it’s supposed to rain for the next few days. I look forward to whatever creative ways of observing will come tomorrow.
There you have it, the first day of the second round of pictures and observations.